Wednesday, June 3, 2009

And ashes, and ashes, and ashes, and ashes, and ashes...

I've listened to the Floodland album by the Sisters of Mercy once or twice a day (sometimes more) every day for the last nine months. And I'm not tired of it yet. You'd think I would be.

* * *

Elijah had his nine month check-up today; he was 28 inches tall (meaning he has two inches to go before he's half my height) and 18.7lbs. He smiled at the doctor until she started sticking things in his ears. I sang the Werewolves Go Marching for him, which kept him from screaming at her. She did not comment.

"The werewolves go marching one by one, aroo, aroo..."

* * *

Sometimes, what one needs is a really good, frantic, snotty, childish cry, while someone holds you and tells you it's going to be okay. Even if it isn't, not right away.

* * *

Picture time.



From Elijah

Remmy found his way into the high chair, and was cleaning it up for me :p


From Elijah

Not entirely sure about this pool thing...


From Elijah

Better?


From Elijah

Maybe...


From Elijah



From Elijah

Daddy isn't a water person.


From Elijah

What a smile :)


From Elijah

No comments: