Monday, September 7, 2009

Morning, and Boys in Pink

Cheerios - check
Baby Sign DVD - check
Dogs have gone out (all four of them) - check

Whyyy did we get up at 7am? Especially when we were tossing and turning all night? My eyes hurt.

I should point out that despite recent evidence, Elijah and I usually sleep very well. We cosleep, as I'm sure I've mentioned before. He nurses once or twice during the night, and we don't fully wake up for that. I get 7-8 hours of (lightly interrupted) sleep a night. I could get more if I went to sleep when he did (and if I'm particularly exhausted, that's what I do). But lately, for some reason, I haven't been sleeping so well. He's been fine; it's me. And last night, he wasn't sleeping well either, whether from having caught my mild cold, or because I kept waking up, I don't know.

Either way, my eyes hurt.

---

Yardsales and thrift stres are amazing. This weekend's haul has gained us, for under $100: A 20 gallon long aquarium, for the turtle; 25 DVD movies (Charlotte's Web, Fifth Element, Stardust, The Day After Tomorrow, the Lord of the Rings movies, Donnie Brasco... lots! Full Metal Jacket! Apocalypse Now! Some of my favourites :) ); jeans and shirts for me; jeans and overalls for Elijah; some plush animals; some books; and Elijah's pink fedora. Amazing :D

---

I had other things I wanted to ramble about. What were they? Hmm.

Oh! Susan Boyle.

Although I don't know what to say about her. I wanted to tell the story about how I don't have a TV (rather, we have a TV, but it's purely for watching DVDs and playing video games--we don't have cable), but I do have YouTube, and my mom gave me a name. And I fell in love. And if my head hurt less, maybe I could tell that story. It involves the faces of friends of mine going from skeptical to OMG baffled. And it was beautiful.

Anyway, her debut album is out, and I need to remember to get it one of these days.

---

Elijah has gotten the sign for "Daddy" confused with just pointing at his head. Like his head is now called "Daddy" and "head". I'm not sure how to fix this :p

There are a couple of signs he's doing regularly that we haven't taught and I can't figure out what he's trying to say.

---

But you're really just here for the pictures, aren't you?



I was trying to get a shot of him sitting on the futon like a big boy, but he decided to climb around instead.


TURTLE!


CAT! (And HAT!)


The turtle now has what will become a nice terrarium :)


Tiny turtle :D


Hugging the giant ball :)


All clean. And drinking water.




I'm making up for the last of breastfeeding shots in this blog :p




Pirate!


There's that hat again!




"Yard sales are so. boring."


But the cat is cool!




He needs more pink clothes.

No comments: