Friday, September 25, 2009

Signs of Exhaustion

So. Tired.

So. Much. Teething. Nine teeth now. More coming. So much pain.

Tactical Bacon exists. I want some.

Signing Time with Alex and Leah is wonderful.

All I want to do today is retreat into a world of words, until I pass out. Then maybe, after sleep, I'll have the energy to be Mama.

Pondering doing a movie log, too. Just because.

Elijah is walking, and signing, and trying to talk. He said, "Okay." one day when I said, "We're going to go in here, okay?" He hasn't said it since, although when I asked him in front of Aunt Nicole, "Did you say 'okay' earlier?", he said, "Uh-huh!" and nodded. I don't know whether it was on purpose, but Nicole nearly fell out of her chair laughing.

We're still watching Your Baby Can Read, and any video on ASL for kids that we can find.

I'm compiling a list of the signs that Elijah uses. He understands when I say, "Can you show me the sign for __?" Which means that if I know he knows the word for something, I can teach him the sign without actually having to have the thing present. I taught him the sign for "cat" that way, yesterday. He does it wrong, but he does them all wrong. He doesn't have the manual dexterity for it yet.

However, he knows:
Bath
Cat
More
Milk
Mama
Daddy
Clean
Banana
All done
Change
Water
Eat
Ball

No comments: