Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Coming Out

So I've been pondering this for a few days, and I just couldn't figure out how to write it. I was discussing this with my friend C, and, well, I can't really say it any better, so I'll just post the conversation we had.

I'm pretty sure it won't come as a shock to most people who read this blog anyway ;)

[quote]
Mama Coyote: And I want to do a 'coming out' post on my blog, both for bisexuality (technically pansexuality) and polyamory.
C: Why?
Mama Coyote: But I can't figure out how to say it other than, 'Hi. I'm poly and bi. I'm saying this because that subject might come up in this blog sometimes. I promise not detail my sex life, but it's relevant to know that Mama Kacy is Mama Kacy because Elijah has two mamas and a daddy. Kacy's family and my family are intertwined in a few ways. Our poly circles mingle.'
C: Ahh.
Mama Coyote: The 'why' is because I mention Kacy a lot and I want to be able to ramble about things like how she and I got funny looks when we took Elijah to Gymboree.
Mama Coyote: And about how people are all, 'It's so awesome to see a lesbian couple with a baby!' sometimes.
Mama Coyote: And it's just too complicated to explain in those few seconds of social interaction.
C: "He's got a daddy too!"
Mama Coyote: But it's also misleading to say, 'We're not a lesbian couple.' I mean . . . people see us interacting the way a couple does, holding hands, quick kisses (the kind that are okay out in public), cuddles...
Mama Coyote: Maybe I'll just post the conversation we just had.
[endquote]

There's more that could be said, and most likely will be said later, but right now, I have nothing more to say on the subject. Feel free to ask questions if you like :)

Tomorrow, I'll post about washing all my dishes in the bathtub (my kitchen is broken) and my attempt to make my oven go. Wish me luck!

No comments: