Monday, November 9, 2009

Fish & Feelings

Whenever I use my key to lock or unlock the house, I feel like I'm doing some grown-up and thus illicit. Like one day, someone is going to see me doing it and say, "You are a child, you do not own a house. You cannot have a key, you are not old enough to be in charge of things, especially children." And it's all going to be taken away from me.

I feel that way if I go shopping by myself, or, really, go anywhere by myself. I think it has a lot to do with why I haven't learned to drive yet, too. I think it's some kind of paranoia.

It doesn't help that today's "off time" activities were: Watching Hell's Kitchen and playing Pokemon Diamond on my DS.

* * *

I have so many recipes in the 'to try' queue. I'm trying to figure out a plan to use some of them.

And! I have! GUPPIES! They are tiny and minnow-like and very boringly coloured, which makes them perfect for the turtle tank, which is all in natural colours, with rocks and live plants, and, well, the Turtleface. The turtle will probably eat them, which is fine, because that's what they're for. But the nice pet store lady gave us three extra "fancy" guppies "that a customer brought in for adoption", and I wish she hadn't put it that way, because now I feel the need to protect those fancy guppies. We'll see how it goes. I would like to keep some fish in the tank, to make the space not occupied by the turtle more interesting. He tends to hang out in one place for a long time.

Anyway.

I'm rambling.

Time to shut down my brain and go to sleep.

Night-night.

P.S. Sorry for no baby details today. He's asleep, is probably getting yet another new tooth, and was much nicer and more patient and more awesomely sweet and cute today than I deserved.

No comments: