Monday, May 11, 2009

Quite a day.

Baby Einstein My First Signs is giving me some peace and quiet for the moment. I'm amazed Elijah is actually watching it. He's standing up in his playpen, petting the screen and squeaking once in a while.

Febreze is my friend.

This post at Not That You Asked is also my friend.

* * *

The rest of the day was not my friend.

Well, that's not entirely accurate. I got lots of hugs from Chris B and Marcy and Jon and Nicole and those are good things.

I won't talk about the sad things.

* * *

In other news, there are new videos up that involve basenjis.

And tonight's dinner of carrots and split pea soup was a success, although most of the success was Elijah learned how to get the basenjis to lick his hands (give them carrots), which made him incredibly happy.

* * *

I'm sorry this post is so disjointed, but I think that's how things have to be tonight. My brain isn't working very well, which is a common thing these days, but at least I'm writing, right? Yeah.

We're trying a new thing: Once a week, Elijah will go stay with his aunties, Marcy, Nicole or Dani... or all three, depending on how they want to work it. And Brian and I will wander off to the mall or somewhere for 45 minutes or so of wandering and shopping and eating crack Auntie Ann's Pretzel cinnamon stick thingers.

We tried it tonight, and it resulted in about half an hour of screaming, says auntie Marcy. Sigh. Hopefully it will get better the more he gets used to it. During our time together, Brian and I went to the mall... shopping has always been my therapy (thank you, Grandma), and so I have three new tops. One that may never see the light of day, one that says 'baby girl' across the chest, and one much more respectable brown wrap-around blouse. I'd like to go back for a nice little tank top and a skirt. (Everything was on clearance, I promise.)

Right now, I have a very cuddly boy with his limbs as wrapped around me as he can get them, while he nurses off to sleep.

I've been looking forward to this time for most of the day.

Now it's time to watch Kitchen Nightmares and wait for Elijah to sleep.

No comments: