Saturday, July 25, 2009

Storms make me happy.

Despite getting to sleep way too late and getting up way too early, today was nice. We acquired more double-yolk eggs, ten (ten!) beautiful scarves, some little stuff from IKEA, and a wonderful antique chair. We had lunch with Amanda, Beth (Auntie Nom Nom!) and Josh at a Korean place, and dinner with those three plus Chris B, Dani and her new guy (who gets my approval but still can't take her to live in Alabama). Elijah ate a lot of food and refused to nurse until bedtime (please please please don't make that a regular thing yet... give me a few more months, please, baby boy!). We had IKEA frozen yoghurt. It was a good day.

The best part of all, however, was riding in the car, Sisters of Mercy blasting on the stereo, rain pouring down, the storm raging around us, watching the other cars dance on the road. I saw more streak lightning in that half hour than I did in 12 years in Kentucky, where it was all sheet lightning.

To my utter amazement, I do not currently have a migraine, or even any joint pain. My joints are stiff, as usual, but I'm used to that. And my muscles are sore, but that seems normal after walking all day and carrying a heavy baby for most of it.

So yeah. A good day.

No comments: