Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Update-ish thing?

9:30am
Home
listening to the stream at InTuneWithSpirit.com

The house is coming along. I'll have pictures... some day.

My brain hurts today. I'm really only here at blogger because it's morning and my head hurts and I don't want to go out into the sunlight for the morning walk we've been taking lately. But I will. In a bit. When the tea kicks in.

Elijah is afraid of the Swiffer Sweeper Vac. It seems like a pretty decent tool so far, but he screams when I use it, even if I'm carrying him in the Moby Wrap, so I'm not sure how much I'll be using it.

If I haven't said, the sheep of a tiny dog that was Remmy is now the new and improved Remmy--shaved down to less than an inch, pink skin showing through the bright white fur. He had an oatmeal-shampoo bath yesterday and was not pleased about.

---

Breakfast: Leftover saffron rice with lots of butter, and an egg, cooked in the toaster oven (because our stove isn't hooked up yet).

---

Elijah is currently alternately playing with his toys in his playpen, and standing up to fuss at me to throw soft jingly balls at his head. For some reason that's quite a fun game.

I need drawers. And a wardrobe, because the closet that spans the entire width of our bedroom is not big enough for the two of us. Seriously. We are LARPers, and both have more costuming than everyday clothing. And I was raised by my grandmother, so I have an awful lot of everyday clothing... I've already gotten rid of everything I'm willing to get rid of, so at this point it's a matter of organizing it so that 1. I know what I have, 2. It stays clean and relatively wearable.

---

11am

Elijah woke up from his nap, rolled over, and hit the space bar on the laptop, successfully unpausing the Sisters of Mercy. Then he smiled at me.

---

1:12pm

Morning walk completed, late. Salsa consumed. Katamari played. Elijah is playing in his playpen, putting toys into the dog bowl. My tongue is burning.

---

3:43pm

Elijah is napping. Logically, after a mostly sleepless night, I should be as well, but the ibuprofen and tea and regular infusions of protein have done their job and I am more or less functional right now... so I am putting pictures up on Facebook. Why not Picasa? Oh, who knows. I'll put some up on Picasa later. I think I'm just craving comments.

I made fresh bread! Praise be for the bread machine (which was free). This is happiness, for the moment.

---

4:20pm

Sometimes I feel like some sort of uneducated imposter because I've never watched Julia Child or read any of her cookbooks.

---

10pm

Bedtime. Cuddling with the squirmy boy while he nurses, hoping he'll sleep soon. I want a clove and some icecream and t sit in the rain with the dogs. It's an evening of feeling sorry for myself for my lack of freedom. But it's okay. Or rather, it will be okay when the discussions of what other people do with their freedom fades, and when I've had a night's sleep.

Goodnight.

---

Today's food, from Twitter feed:

Dinner for me: Tom gha gai, rama noodles with a little broccoli. For Elijah: Plain noodles.

Snack fr me: Fresh bread with butter.

Snack for me: Ham, then icecream.

Breakfast: Leftover saffron rice w/ egg.

No comments: